This fall, STEMteachersNYC is excited to launch several pedagogy-, grade-, and subject-specific working groups! We look forward to welcoming you in September to our New Teacher Collab!
Join us in September for the New Teacher Collab! Are you new to teaching or new to modeling and want more support for your teaching practice? Come to a working group where we can share best practices and receive feedback in an open, collaborative environment. Using the Critical Friends protocol participants will propose a focus and colleagues and facilitators will offer structured support. Come prepared to contribute! In subsequent sessions there will be opportunities for teachers interested in becoming workshop leaders to get their feet wet through co-facilitation.
Possible topics for our September New Teacher Collab session:
- Building a classroom community of sharing.
- Strategies for getting the most out of whiteboarding and how to build class consensus.
- Assessment ideas geared for the student-centered classroom, grounded in student discourse and group work.
- Satisfying concerns of parents and administrators less familiar with modeling or largely student-centered ways of teaching.
- Brainstorm ways to improve issues of concern to you. Participants bring one of the following: a lesson plan, student work, assessment framework, student reflection… or something you’d like to try but want feedback on!
STEMteachersNYC working groups are spaces for sharing successes, addressing challenges, honing strategies, and being innovative. Topics will be chosen based on registrant suggestions. We hope that you will come ready to participate!
December 8, 2019 | 1:30pm – 3pm
Led by Kerry Kline and Jesse Markowitz