STEMteachersNYC Email List Rules
- By joining and using STEMteachersNYC e-mail list, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve list discussions to STEM education and related topics.
- Please do not libel or attack others, or use the email list to sell or market products, or post commercial messages. This is not permissible.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules.
- We also ask that you share events or opportunities that do not conflict with STEMteachersNYC programs, for instance events that occur on the same date as a scheduled PD workshop. This ensures we can continue to support and expand a network of STEM educators across the region.
Disclaimer and Legal Rules
This list is provided as a service of STEMteachersNYC, and STEMteachersNYC accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. STEMteachersNYC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by STEMteachersNYC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall STEMteachersNYC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
STEMteachersNYC routinely monitors posts to all of the lists for inappropriate postings or violations of the legal rules and the list server etiquette, and will notify those in violation privately. Depending on the severity of the violation, STEMteachersNYC will take all appropriate action, including suspension or termination of access to the lists.
STEMteachersNYC reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
List Server Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals—not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the list server. You can unsubscribe yourself at anytime.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org