As part of a dynamic team, the Program Manager works closely with the Program Director and President to help promote and coordinate STEMteachersNYC’s professional development programs for science and math educators. The Program Manager will be responsible for assisting with workshop operations, registration, outreach and marketing, membership, administrative duties and other necessary activities to increase capacity and impact.
The Program Manager will be present at monthly weekend STEM workshops, summer programs (July – August), and visit prospective schools and outreach events. This position requires a minimum of 20 hours/week, with some remote work in addition to on-site assistance at various sites including Teachers College, Columbia University.
ROLES AND DUTIES
- Implement all aspects of the registration process, respond to requests for information, program collaboration, questions about upcoming events and PDs, analyze attendance data.
- Assist with setup and coordination of STEM professional development workshops during academic year (1 weekend/month) and summer (July – August). Requires presence at the workshops.
Outreach and Communications
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns for social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Help coordinate outreach and communications for the organization
- Visit and outreach to prospective school partners in the tri-state region
- Maintain donor database and manage renewal and thank-you correspondence
- Assist the President and Program Director with any special projects deemed necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree (required) from an accredited college or university with a background in a STEM field, science or math education preferred.
- Experience in working with NYC Department of Education and K12 school communities in the tri-state area.
- Experience with program marketing, outreach and social media
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication and presentation skills in writing, on the phone, and in person
- Previous experience in organizing events, programs, or activities is a strong plus
- Experience with Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Google Apps
- Knowledge of graphic design and Adobe Suite preferred
- Self-starter with capacity to work independently, to manage time effectively, and to work at places and times of one’s own choosing
Tentative Start Date: May 6, 2019
About the Organization
STEMteachersNYC cultivates excellence in STEM teaching and promotes deep understanding and success for students through innovative, teacher-led professional development. Our three-hour weekend workshops are offered during the school year and multi-week workshop intensives occur in the summer, led by master teachers. Our grass-roots, teacher-led organization has 1,050 teacher-members who share a passion for improving their teaching practice in physics, chemistry, biology, middle school and elementary school science, math and engineering. Visit our website at http://STEMteachersNYC.org for more information.Please email a resume and brief description of your past experience and interest in working the organization, with “STEMteachersNYC Program Manager ” in the subject line to Christopher Kennedy at chris@STEMteachersNYC.org. Applications due April 15, 2019.